- Local Government, that is to say the constitution and powers of
municipal corporation, municipalities, notified area committees, improvement
trusts, mining settlement authorities and other local authorities for the
purpose of Local Self-Government or local administration.
- Pounds and prevention of cattle trespass in urban areas.
- Administration of Bihar Restriction of Uses of Land Act.
- Town and Country Planning.
- Environmental planning and co-ordination.
- Control over regional development authorities.
- Collections of bones of unclaimed cattle in municipal areas and its
- Slum Development scheme.
- Control of all officers serving under the Urban Development Department.
- Administrative charge of all buildings occupied by the Urban Development
- Control of Bihar State Water-Supply and Sewerage Board.
- District Boards and Local Self-Government Act.
List of Schemes Running in the Department
- Water Supply Schemes
- Drainage, Sewerage and other Sanitation Schemes
- 13th Finance Commission
- National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA)
- Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM)
- Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium Towns (UIDSSMT)
- Integrated Housing and Slum Development Plan (IHSDP)
- Basic Services to Urban Poor (BSUP)
- Urban Infrastructure and Governance (UIG)
- Swarn Jayanti Shahari Rojgar Yojna
- Integrated Low Cost Sanitation Scheme (ILCS)
- Chief Minister Urban Development Scheme
- Civic Amenities
- Construction/Renovation of ULBs Buildings
- Master Plan, Preparation of Project Reports
- Capacity Building
- Monitoring/Evaluation/Supervision/Establishment of resource center and Urban Planning
- Strengthening/Modernization of Bihar State Housing Board and completing the House of Housing Board.
- Strengthening of Urban Poverty Alleviation Directorate
- Solid Waste Management
- Establishment of Engineering Cell
- Fixed Allowances to Elected Members
- Land acquisition for building construction
- Construction of Road and Bridges
- Establishment of Urban Information System
- Externally Aided Project (EAP)
- Externally Aided Program for Urban Reforms
- Externally Aided Program for Bihar Urban Development
- Border Area Development Program (BADP)
- Backward Regions Grant Fund (BRGF)